Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Last of the Card Gift Projects

 
The last of the Cards made for my office staff:  for this one, card bases were made from craft card stock.  The matting layer is a birthday paper from Karen Foster (purchased at my LSS, Scrapbook Dreams) and the dotted swiss is Bazzill.  The stamps are See D’s cardmaker set purchased eons ago from my LSS, stamped with black Stazon.  The distress ink used was the new Evergreen Bough seasonal-distress-ink-winter-2011 from Ranger (also ordered in for me by my LSS-thanks ladies!).
Punches used:  EK Succes Slim Edger Punch – Circles; Martha Stewart Punch Around The Page – Double Loops; corner rounder
The lace was a wider piece cut in half and threaded through the holes in the Bazzill mat layer.  The bow is 3/8” satin from Offray.  I learned to make this bow from one of the blogs I follow: Amazing Paper Grace.  She has some really good video tutorials on bow making.  Her bows are works of art – she calls them “Becca Bows”!  Check her out! 
The blue circle on the inside is just one of the pieces left over from punching the front.  It was attached to the inside greeting and a fold of the lace from the front with the Tiny Attacher from Tim Holtz.   I was going to make a whole row of them going vertically over the strip on the inside, but it was too time consuming, since I was making 12 of each card! There was a vertical and a horizontal version of the cards, so pics were provided for both.

Have a great day!  Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment