Friday, February 10, 2012

Super Bowl Watcher & Happy Valentine's Day to the King of My Heart

Scooter
     Happy Friday, Dear Bloggers and Friends!  Today, I am sharing my sweet Scooter with you.  He is normally not allowed to sit on the furniture (unless invited), but since it was Super Bowl Sunday night and I was busy in my crafty space, he hopped into my chair and watched the game!  He is the King of my Heart, too, but since he cannot read, my sweetie gets the card!  LOL!
     This is my latest Valentine project (to be given to my sweetie in a few days, so, SHHHH, don't tell!).  It is on a 5 x 6.5" base of kraft stock, with 3/4" cut from the right edge of the front. There is a layer of Bazzill dark brown swirl embossed card stock on the bottom.  The remaining printed background paper, sentiment labels and die cuts are from Paper Wishes, Chocolate Dipped Artful Card Kits. 
     This was fun to create!  First, the crown was cut with Cricut Everyday Pop-up Cards from scrap card stock, layered with foam tape and bedazzled with Jewel Dazzles from Paper Wishes; add in a heart-shaped doily spritzed with Berry Ice Smooch Spritz, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl and tapped with Ranger Distress Ink-Vintage Photo; layer on the die cuts; attach key to lock (these were brads, purchased here ) with Tim Holtz jump rings and foam tape to card.  The swirly bling with hearts are from Recollections, but  additional bling was added to it (why not?).
     For the sentiment labels, 'King of my ' was printed onto the label from the computer; the inside label was stamped from Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous-Stuff to Say and HOTP Small Stamps-Love with more Ranger Distress Ink-Vintage Photo and then clear embossed with Whispers Clear Embossing Powder from my LSS.  The labels were "aged" with  Ranger Distress Ink-Vintage Photo & Old Paper.  The heart brad on the front sentiment was altered by sanding the color off with the TH sanding block and "painting" on Siren Smooch Ink  ~ Love that stuff!  Each label was then layered with scraps of red shimmer and brown card stock.
     After the photos were shot and downloaded, I think it needs some ribbon, too!  Maybe just a bow...or a knot...or three...that's why this blog is called PaperRibbonsBling!!!
   Have a Happy Valentine's Day!  Jules



No comments:

Post a Comment