Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Thank You and Happy New Year


Happy New Year, Bloggers!  This post is to share my version of Laura Dennison's Following the Paper Trail blog Second day of Christmas project, and to thank her for her darling rosette angels!  They were sooo adorable, I just had to use them as Christmas package decor!  They fit nicely on medium-sized gift bags.
     For my version, instead of making a 3/4" ring and cutting in half for the angel's arms, I found that I could make a 1" ring, leave it intact and glue it just below the angel's face. Martha Stewart doily lace punch was used for the skirt hem and wings.  Fiskars dotted scallop edge punch was used for the collar.  The face layers, arms collar and halo were cut from gold metallic cardstock.  The wings used a swirl patterned vellum from Paper Wishes and the skirt is from white card stock.
     The bow brads are also from Paper Wishes link and the Petaloo poinsettia flowers were in a prize package won from Petaloo on a Quick Quotes store blog and Petaloo blog hop.  Some of the angels had sheer or satin 1/4" ribbon bows instead of brads.  Everyone who received one just loved it, so I guess I did okay!
     More FTPT goodness will be posted later, as I have purchased a few patterns from her website and just think she is a paper engineering genius!
    Also a shout out today to my LSS, Scrapbook Dreams link!  If they weren't there, I wouldn't be here, doing this!
     Thanks for the inspriation!

     Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment