Sunday, February 5, 2012

     Hello bloggers!  As I am watching the Super Bowl and not that interested since my team (Da' Bears) is not playing, thought I would post up a project made for my daughter's birthday last month!  This started out as a Quick Quotes Club Q project, but I had to make it fit  for my daughter, who is a fashion designer!   Get something to drink, this is a long post!
     The canvases are 6 x 6 Blick Studio with the centers cut out and wrapped to the back.  The background papers and chipboard clock faces are Teresa Collins Giving Thanks collection and the black scallops are laser cuts from the Club Q kit.  The white trim layered over the black scallops was done with an EK Success slim edger punch: Fleur de lis.  The 1.5" wired ribbon can be attached for hanging, but this project will also stand alone on a table top.
     The title was designed on Gypsy from Cricut Forever Young; sewing machine and chandelier: Everyday Pop-up; shoes: Tie the Knot. The dress forms are Dazzle Stickers from Paper Wishes Steampunk and Sew Sweet with white and black shimmer paper fussy-cut and layered below the stickers. 
     Tim Holtz tissue tape was wrapped around each piece and inside the "shadow box" and TH jump rings were used to hang the key charms, and the clear TH fragments tag with patterned paper glued behind with Glossy Accents. 
     The sewing notions are Dress it Up buttons from Hobby Lobby, altered with Sew Easy black and white twine.  The clock hands:  Oriental Trading; Gems: The Paper Studio.  The dictionary paper flowers were made with Marvy Uchida scallop punches 1.5" and 2."  About 8-10 layers were used for each flower, inked the edges with silver cat's eye ink and sprayed with Pearl Glimmer Mist.
     Quick Quotes chalk ink in Midnight Confession was also used on the canvas edges.
     Whew!  I think that covers it!  I hope the photos show all the detail - it is a very busy project.  I wanted to put even more things on it that have meaning for my daughter, but I guess I should have used bigger canvases!!
     Hope everyone enjoyed the game tonight and thanks for stopping by!   Jules
    

No comments:

Post a Comment