Friday, February 17, 2012

Mini Edgy Book -Dancing in the Rain ~ Challenge Project

     Here it is, bloggers:  The product of a challenge given to a group of scrap bookers at a weekend retreat.  Each person was given four 4 x 12" coordinating papers.  The challenge was to use at least a part of all four papers in a project of our choosing.
     So...I decided a mini-book should be made from three of the papers and the remainder would have shapes and images cut from them to embellish the mini.
     If you saw a previous post on the Happily Ever After album project, I related about the terrible storm that came through just minutes before my son's wedding was to begin....and I had this stamp with me----------------------------------------------------------->
and I had all these wedding snapshots of people dancing.........and all the edge punches.....you see where this is going.

     So, work began on the "edgy" album, punching, inking, fussy cutting, a little coordinating ribbon to bind the pages, journaling, photos and poof!  The mini is done!
     Everyone's project was displayed in the hallway with a number system for voting...and guess what?....
I WON THE CHALLENGE!  and a very nice book from Lisa Bearnson: 50 Moments Scrapbook the
Pages that Matter Most.
     That was a great retreat - put on by The ScrapBook Nook in Colchester, IL.  I'll definitely do another one with them!
     Thanks for stopping by today, and Happy Scrapping!  Jules





No comments:

Post a Comment