Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine Cards - Basic Grey


Hello Blog Friends!  The second Valentine project for today.  These cards are a Basic Grey cardmaking kit from my LSS which makes 12 cards.  They are not layered enough for my liking, but still turned out okay with a little extra embellishing from my stash!  Items added were the red dotted sheer ribbons on the XOXO card and lace on the tag front card, kraft paper for the card insides and penwork on some of the edges. 

The words seen on the card fronts are rub-ons included in the kit.  The card with the I Love You tag, below, had a change of orientation from side-fold to top fold.  The Amour card has a strip of pleated paper in the center of the panel, red with white doily lace print.  The pleated strip was a monster, as I, Miss Perfect, HAD to have it pleated perfectly and centered on the card!

Would I do this again?  Probably not, but I did have a fun time making these during a visit/craft session in January with my beautiful daughter!  Again, thanks for checking in today and Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment