....and a tutorial!Using banner die cuts, brown the most wonderful time phrase and green Happy Holidays die cuts from the die-cut sheet. Suggested ink: Red, green or brown. Sample is using Festive Berries.
Card Base and Front
- Place the 8" side of the 8x7 piece (green chevron/red snowflakes) onto a scoreboard.
- Score the 8" side at 3" and 6". Fold with red snowflakes to the inside. Round corners.
- Using green card stock, mat the banner pieces (hint: adhere to card stock, then cut out, leaving a thin mat)
- mat the brown sentiment (3/4 x 3.5"), making a v-notch on one end of the sentiment mat
- 2.5 x 6.5 red w.dots is the mat for the card base; mark and punch 1/8" holes at top corners
- mark and punch 1/8" holes in the TOP LEFT corner of the RED BANNER and TOP RIGHT corner of the GREEN BANNER
- using the 1" scallop circles, fold 6 in half, with cream/red side out. Use bone folder to get a nice crease.
- assemble the banner with the scallop circles and wet glue, so that it fits within the left and right edges of the card - DO NOT ADHERE IT TO THE MAT!
- Cut the 3/4'' circles in half . Adhere a half circle over each scallop circle. Add bling.
- Turn the banner over and add pop dots or pieces of foam tape. Do not remove the liner.
- Using 10" of twine on each side, tie the banner to the red mat. Adhere red mat w/banner tied on to the card base.
- Adhere the sentiment with foam tape at the bottom right .
- Round corners of the 1 3/8 x 3 red snowflake piece
- Adhere the green Happy Holidays rectangle, centered
- Adhere piece centered onto the lower inside flap
- White cardstock is 8-3/4'' x 7-1/2''; on the 8-3/4 edge, score at 1/2", 3/4", 8" and 8-1/4"
- On the 7-1/2'' edge, score at 2'', 2-1/4'', 5-1/2'' and 5-3/4''
- On the 1'' x 8'' strip of red snowflake, score at 1-3/4'', 2'', 5-3/8'' and 5-5/8''
- Bone-fold all score marks on the envelope; place adhesive on the left and right edges of the bottom flap and adhere to the side flaps
- Assemble and adhere the rosette to the circle. Add large brad to center.
- Bone fold the score marks on the belly band. Insert the card into the envelope and close.
- Wrap the belly band so that the seam will be on the front of the envelope and slides off easily
- Adhere the ends only of the chain, centered over the belly band.
- Adhere the rosette over the seam of the belly band