and another tutorial!
Hey all you bloggers out there! Get a head start on next year's Christmas projects with this tutorial!
Using cream 'my favorite memory' journal card with red lace border, brown 'the magic of the season' phrase and red/white 'Merry Christmas' tag from the die-cut sheet. Suggested ink: Festive Berries, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen
Doily: Spray with glimmer mist/ink with Antique Linen. Dry and cut into 4 pieces
Flower: Cover a1-1/2'' circle with double stick tape. Have some glue dots handy. Alternatively, add 1/4" wonder tape to the 12" strip of pleated ribbon. Remove tape liner. Using 12" piece of pleated red satin ribbon, begin adhering at the outside edge of the circle, working toward the center, adding glue dots if needed. Glue dot a large pearl in the center.
- Using the 5-1/2 x 12'' white snowflakes/red damask: score at 4'', 6'' amd 8''.
- Fold mountain, valley, mountain, leaving a 2'' center section.
- Open card flat. Mark the center line 1.5'' from each of the top and bottom edges. Cut a slit between the two marks. Erase the pencil marks.
- Re-fold the card so that the center flap faces the inside front of the card.
- Turn over the card to the back side. Add strong adhesive to the back short edges of the flap and near the center fold to form the pocket.
- Turn the card over again; then add adhesive only to the top and bottom of the LEFT SIDE of the short flap and adhere to inside front of the card.
- Wrap 22'' of twine around journal card and tie into a bow, just below the title. Trim ends.
- Foam tape 'the magic of the season" phrase over the words 'my favorite memory.'
- adhere 2 doily pieces to the back of the top and bottom of the journal card. Attach to the card front using foam tape.
- Glue ribbon flower onto journal card.
- Add red snowflake matting piece 1-3/4 x 5-1/4'' to the gift card flap
- Ink snowflakes and adhere to make 3 two-layered pieces ( Cut from Cricut Tie the Knot at 1-1/2'')
- Foam tape Merry Christmas ticket onto red snowflake ticket. Wrap and knot 11'' of twine around the piece
- Add 2 remaining doily pieces to the back, top and bottom of the red snowflake ticket piece. Adhere piece to right side.
- Add foam tape to the backs of the snowflakes. Place one at the bottom right corner of the ticket piece. Place the other two on the gift card flap.
I hope you enjoyed all the card tutorials this season. Have a Happy New Year, everyone!