Saturday, May 5, 2012

MOM Frame

Hello everyone!  Thanks for stopping by the blog today!  Wow, it has been a busy week!  I just returned from what I thought was going to be a Vegas Vacation....well...it turned into a Honeymoon in Vegas!   My significant other of 9 1/2 years (Jim) proposed on bended knee right in the middle of the Fremont Street Experience in downtown Las Vegas and we tied the knot at Vegas Weddings within an hour of the proposal!  To say I was surprised was a bit of an understatement!  What a way to begin our vacay!!

 This is my Mother's Day gift project for my Mom.  SSSHHH! Don't tell her!  She doesn't have a computer!  My mother is such a wonderful example to follow and I am so grateful to have her in my life.  She has always been supportive of me and my choices in life.  She let me make mistakes and learn from them, without an "I told you so."  It makes all of us who we are, right?  Anyway, I just want to show some love to my Mom....I love you, Mom!
This project was inspired by a Tammy Tutterow class I took recently at The Scrapbooking Studio.
Details:  The background is a wooden frame purchased at Michaels.  After the background was stained with Rusty Hinge, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky and Picket Fence Distress Stains, it was stamped with border and corner stamps before layering on the papers (Graphic 45 and Core'dinatons) and cotton batting.  The papers and batting were inked with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.  Spellbinders Nestabilities Grand Labels 4 was cut for the center focal, embossed with a paisley Cuttlebug embossing folder and inked with Quick Quotes new Baja Blue chalk ink.  Love the rich color!
 The vine is stained with Peeled Paint Distress stain and inked with the same color distress ink.
 Tim Holtz goodies used were the post (die cut), letter cards, chitchat stickers, tiny attacher, grunge board swirls, foliage, vintage button, jump rings, brads, perfect pearls, stream alcohol ink.  The paper flowers are mostly Prima. The base of the metal flower is from Graphic 45, colored with alcohol ink.

Thanks for peeking in today!  Be Inspired...Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment